Thursday, August 19, 2010

Under Winter Skies I Will Hold On To This Feeling

Summer has been great. I don't know why I was worried about camp at the beginning. I won't lie it was scary at first, but if you put yourself out there you will not regret it. I've honestly changed so much in my short stay at Trail's End Camp. I have not only changed physically (I'm way darker and I now have a little bit of muscle on my skinny), but I've matured. I've learned to trust my instincts and to honor the values I was raised with. I also have a lot more respect for my parents. I've made so many friends and so many memories. Whether it's pitching a tent in the rain, running like a madman, telling ghost stories, laughing constantly, pranking kids, long chats in porches, motel stays gone wrong, or just acting like a dang fool, these memories will make heart feel lighter and will make smile on those horrible gloomy days. It's hard not to fall in love with such a place filled with so much warmth and happiness. A place you can call your second home, where you make lifelong friendships and are surrounded my such magnificent beauty. I hope that next year is the same. I can't wait to return.

(Luke, Jon, Mike, Scally, and I)

No comments:

Post a Comment