Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Animals in Collective

I went to the zoo last Sunday for my Physical Anthropology class. I had to write a paper on the Evolution of Primate Locomotion and Body Configuration. The essay was 10 pages long and it was pretty bad. Mostly half-assed. Anyway, the LA Zoo is pretty cool I thought it was going to be totally lame, but I really enjoyed myself. Mainly because my brother and I kept saying: "That animal looks delicious!" We mostly saw hominids, but I did get to see flamingos since they're really close to the entrance.


They're so gorgeous! Their plumage is so beautiful and the shades almost reminded me of the ombre that Rodarte did for Fall 2008. Not the palette per say, but more of the way the color moved throughout the garment. I just wanted to pluck a handful of feathers!


The gorillas were next. I don't remember much about this one. I know there was a female out there named Evelyn. They were very docile. Later I saw the orangutans, lemurs, giraffes and chimpanzees.


I loved the giraffes. They're like my favorite animal! Oh I also got to witness a lemur pleasure itself orally. That's some flexible spine they got there. Overall it was a good day. The only thing that sucked was the food. I highly recommend grabbing some chow afterwards.



Listening: MGMT, Congratulations

Super awesome, psychedelic, and unconventional.

No comments:

Post a Comment