Saturday, May 29, 2010

Teenage Dreams in a Teenage Circus

Yesterday a couple of friends and I went to the Strawberry Festival in Garden Grove. It was really fun just messing around making people feel uncomfortable. I, of course, had to wear something totally fierce! Alicia, Valerie and I wore sailor hats and nautical stripes. Hey it is Memorial Day weekend! We were just doing our civic duty and honoring the U.S. Navy!

I have to say for a "Strawberry Festival" there weren't a lot of strawberries. There was, however, a large amount of cholas and scene kids! We only rode one roller coaster and the bumper carts, but the most of the fun came from waiting in line. In one instance we almost saw a fight between a chubby chick and a group of scene kids. It was intense! The food was typical carnival food: sweet, fatty, fried and super mega delicious! It was expensive though ($7 for a corn dog and soda!). Anyway, I really enjoy moments like yesterday. There's something fun and nostalgic about them. Maybe it's the sugar, maybe the bumping techno. Whatever it is... it's magical.


(me, Carlos, Andre, Alicia, and Valerie)


P.S.- Oh today I wen't to the American Apparel Memorial Day weekend sale and I got some clothes which I promise to show later.



Listening: Björk, Homogenic

One the most beautiful albums I've ever heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment